Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where Have I been? Part 1

I think this is by far my longest "dry spell" since starting my blog. Wow...April 16th...what have I been doing since then?






The first place I have been is using an online journal called Cozi. This is so handy, and I can upload pictures and quick stories to go with them in a matter of minutes. I have found it to be a huge shortcut of keeping people informed and it even sends out a monthly newsletter to people that want that much information on my family:) However, I do realize it only does a few pictures and a small part of "the story" so I really do want to get back to my blog. After all I am three years behind on my photo albums, and I don't want that to happen here!


April and May were quite the blur...I have decided to keep this short and full of pictures then try to back into the swing of things.


In April I jumped on the chance to go to California for a week of "spring break" for us. I had a business opportunity to work a vendor fair for two days and the boys and I really needed some sunshine, some time with family and friends, and a break from school. (not necessarily in that order) We had a great time!



Shorts, sunglasses and sunscreen are pretty unheard of in April in Oregon, so it was a real treat to enjoy some beautiful weather. There was actually snow the day before we arrived and it knocked some branches of some of the palms...made for great toys!


A lot of hours were spent with Grandma & Pa watching movies, playing outside, and Yahtzee!



Of course some good times were had with Zack....


and the Barker clan at the park! We got see one of best buds Caleb play baseball...sorry no picture of that...but I did get to play a lot of "bear" with one of my most favorite little people on the planet...Ms. Lillie!We were very excited to meet our friends pony....I mean dog...Macy! What a beautiful dog! We enjoyed some play time with Morgan, Ryanne, and the whole Loomis clan!

It ended with a passel of kids on the couch watching "Tangled".


Fun, fun times. I am so grateful to for trips "home".



Stay tuned for part II coming soon to a blog near you:)




























2 comments:

Christy said...

Ya I was just days away from flying up to your house and "insisting" you post. The little journal thing you and Marianne are doing is OK but I like the story behind it all and plus I really need to give my input. LOL! It was seeing you and going to dinner. I love the shot of the kids on the couch. Remember when they were all little sitting on that long park bench? Hope to see you this summer friend.

Unknown said...

Yay! Maybe we're both ending our dry spell. LOVE the photos!