Monday, December 14, 2009

Looking Back....

As the year winds to a close the word "gratefulness" is coming to my mind a lot! I have to admit, the written journal only made it about the half of the year, but overall I think I would chalk up the year in the success column here. Part of the reason for that failure is my own slight case of OCD and my stubbornness which would NOT allow me to repeat an entry. On days it would become difficult, then I would fall behind and then the snowball effect took over:)

I see two key lessons that I feel I have learned about myself as I focused on this word throughout the year almost on a daily basis....

The first is that when situations arose that were not ideal I was much more inclined to lean toward the half full side. I found myself even trying to do this for other people as I heard about things arise in their lives too. I wanted to offer encouraging words to others and help them when I could to focus on the good things as I wanted to do that in my own life.

The second is to be more aware and thankful of the little every day things that I can so often take for granted as the day, the week, and the months move forward at such a fast pace. I want to cherish more the everyday obvious blessings that I am surrounded by.

I know that this experience will help me in the year 2010 as I focus on a new word that God has continuously laid on my heart......contentment. I look forward to all that I have to learn here and what God will show me on my new journey.

No comments: