Saturday, July 10, 2010

Name That Dog!



Tonight we had a family movie night to watch Homeward Bound II...Lost in San Francisco! The boys were so excited as they loved Homeward Bound I. We had pizza and I made popcorn, always a big hit! We learned Brody likes it only with NO butter at all...can that be right?


Connor and Brody both love dogs and all animals so they really enjoyed the movie! I just have to laugh a little because when Delilah comes into the picture, Connor just says..."oh that it is a maremma sheepdog", like he was pointing out a poodle or something! After the movie, they pulled out the books to show me how right they were and find ALL the characters from the movie!
They have these books called Legacy of the Dog, Legacy of the Puppy, and Legacy of the Cat and they study them! I have often joked that Connor would make a great Wikipedia writer one day because with him; it is all in the details! Also, a few weeks ago we were at Petsmart and Brody surprised a loving pet owner by noticing and calling out her Saluki!
Is there a game show out there I can enter them in? Maybe I need to start a "Dog Naming Bee" and have a competition? After all.... don't tell them this; but neither of them are natural spellers...but we all have our strengths, don't we?

2 comments:

Kindra said...

lol, that's AWESOME!!! Gotta love a boy who knows his dogs. :)

Unknown said...

My boys do that with cars, airplanes, and guns. Makes me so proud(especially the guns-sarcasm drips).