Thursday, November 12, 2009

Life's Simple Pleasures

There is so many things I adore about my kids but I absolutely love the way they can make little things SO fun. It just makes me happy when they can have fun with simple things and appreciate small gifts and privileges. Today was two great examples...


I got distracted this morning with the pleasure of talking on the phone to my dear friend Marianne and boy did we catch up! Anyway, while we were gabbing, I told the boys to try and get some school work going and this is what I walked into a few minutes later!





They had turned the love seat into a tent and had taken in some of the schoolbooks, their planners, and a basket of pencils and supplies. They were having so much fun doing their school work in there and felt so adventurous! (they said the lighter stripes provided the light)








This afternoon we had a marathon errand day before and after piano lessons to earn the privilege of another at home day tomorrow and while in Wal Mart, I grabbed a simple little thing called a Pet Net. It was really a selfish purchase because I was hoping that it would provide a home for some of Brody's animal collection. I literally dread the day we wash sheets because it is such a process with his bed and I thought this would be a great tool to organize them. I was actually worried that he would not like them being off his bed and would resist my brilliant idea. However, you would like we installed a full on amusement park ride in their room this afternoon! They were in there for hours making "displays" and even turned down cuddling up with me by the wood stove for a few chapters of Trumpet of the Swan! Now, that shocked me! Brody has now set up a "cave" in the back behind the net and is reading library books he got today, the cutest thing!




So, boys....if you are ever mad at me for not letting you watch TV, just remember...you still had lots of fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea, that stuffed animal hammock! It looks like they're having a great time. What a full day - all that you have photos of plus a bunch of errands. I'm kinda tired just thinking of it.