Monday, November 16, 2009

November News

Well, a lot has been happening around here, so I will update on a few things!
November has been busy and is literally flying by! The time came for the annual dentist visit with the boys and I was nervous this year, but they had 0 cavities and I am so grateful! I wonder why our appointment is always right after Halloween?? MMMMM..... Anyway, Connor is missing a tooth on the bottom but Dr. Martin is optimistic that it will "work out" good for him and give him plenty of space so that is good news. He said when looking at Brody's teeth...."these are exactly what you would want to see when you open a textbook." That was real encouraging, except for the fact that nothing has fallen out yet, so we will see how those come in. So far....so good! The kids got new pencils and loved the fluoride treatment, which by the way is down to only 1 minute in their mouths! They don't know how good they have it! This could be one of our walk in the snow up hill both ways stories. We had to hold that stuff in forever until we were gagging!







We also got together with some families from our homeschool group and had a shoebox packing party for Operation Christmas Child. It was a fun time and the kids were more excited than ever to do this as a group project. They also had more fun shopping for them this year and were more involved in what went in and even paid for the "fun" items and toys with their own money. We watched a video about the program, shared packing supplies and prayed for the kids receiving our boxes, and the ministry. It was a special time.










We went to the library this past week which was a real fun time. The library here is really incredible and we don't utilize it as much as we should. I tend to request books, pick them up in front and hit the used bookstore on our way out. But this week, we went upstairs to the children's floor and had a real good time. The boys got their own cards and I have to say that Brody was especially "proud" to find the wall of easy readers and check out 7 books on his own. I can't believe how well he is doing and the books he is making his way through already amaze me! He checked out a book on Farm Animals (big shocker) and came running to me later that night saying this.....


"Mom, Mom....DID YOU KNOW THAT PIG MEAT IS A REAL THING AND IT IS CALLED PORK?" It is also called bacon, ham and sausage.....(long pause)...that's just weird".


Me...trying not to laugh...." I did know that honey...and what a great job you are doing reading and telling back what you are learning. I'm so proud of you!"
That kid always makes me laugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bacon, ham, and sausage! What a world he's discovering. I can't wait til Cayna reads. She will be hilarious.
I love the photo of the box being prayed over. What a great thing to do going into Christmas. I just know God delighted in those prayers and will bless the recipients.
Yay for simple dentist appointments!