Monday, May 24, 2010

Every Girl Should have one of these!


I LOVE my new Traeger grill! Since we finally after a whole lot of years received an actual return on our taxes, we decided to splurge! This is the best grill ever and the best part for me is that I am comfortable operating it all on my own! It is is smoker and a grill and works kind of like a convection oven. You literally plug it in and turn the knob (no more fear of blowing myself up with propane) and it feeds smoked pellets into a hopper!
Tonight I had perfectly grilled (no black) tender steak on the table when my husband came home;) As much as I love a good steak once in a while, we hardly ever went to the trouble of starting the bbq...plus I love it well done and it would almost always get burnt on the outside, so I am in heaven. Of course I will be pulling some extra minutes of exercise to get the cholesterol out of my system, but it is worth it!
Chicken breast also come out perfect and I am told you can even bake cookies on it...however my pallet does not water at the thought of hickory smoked chocolate chip cookies! At least not yet anyway....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I didn't know such a thing existed. You called it!---The number one thing that keeps me from grilling is the fear of blowing myself up, or at the very least singeing off my eyebrows.

Glory Laine said...

We have one too! I love it.

Christy said...

Your so funny! Go Suzie and her fancy smoker! Dont' you love getting tax money back? We have decided to take our kids somewhere they have never been when Uncle Sam kicks us back some. :)