Monday, May 3, 2010

A Love Note from my son

Tonight I went to a meeting with some local homeschool moms. These occur once a month and I enjoy the fellowship and the ideas that are shared.

A few weeks ago I had a meeting with a different group of homeschool moms and when I arrived home there were 3 stuffed animals wearing paper football uniforms that Connor designed and created along with a note that read...."Look mom, I finished all these tonight". They were adorable and I loved that he wanted to share them with me and he wanted me to see them first thing when I walked in the door. He had them staged on the kitchen island right in view where I would see them.

Tonight there was a note that read this....

"Mom, Look at this! Brody found it!"

He had a post it stuck to a book that we have been looking for and again had it staged on the island for me to see first thing. It hit me suddenly what a gift these precious little notes are. In that moment I was struck with an overwhelming feeling of love from my son. I also realized that I was secretly hoping to see something there although I didn't even realize it until I DID see something there. He might as well have written things like; "I missed you tonight mom" or "You are such a big part of my life that even a short absence has you not really absent." He really put in bold letters..."I LOVE YOU MOM". There is no doubt my boys are growing up and while it is exciting, sometimes it is hard knowing that I can leave now without my phone ringing....that they can get by just fine with mom gone. However the notes tell me that while they can absolutely get by, I am still in thought and present and what a gift to me that is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Priceless!

Christy said...

Oh so cute! Morgan told me today that when she grows up she wants to be just like me cause I am friendly to everyone and cute. ;) Oh Lord thank you that they see me through rose colored glasses,now to just live up to that compliment. ;)