Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just the facts mam....

I have often commented on the fact that I can see Connor with a future as a wikipedia writer or something similar. He loves to report the facts! He does not really enjoy creative writing assignments unless the idea is totally his. When he does have an idea that is not a school assignment, he gets excited for a little while then fizzles out. I think he currently has 5 or 6 "books" in the works;)

This past week a new opportunity came up. Sam, one of the kids from our co op, had a brilliant idea to start a newsletter for our group. I am excited to see what happens with it and think it can be a really good experience for the kids that get involved in it. I know Connor thinks it is a great idea and he decided to do a restaurant review for his first submission. He loves to go out to eat and felt this a perfect fit for him. He did this today, all on his own, with only a little help setting up the initial document. I think he did a terrific job and may even give him a "free pass" on Language Arts for tomorrow:)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wonderful! He's finding a niche, as they say.
Now I want pancakes...

Christy said...

Thats great! Just the facts. Cute. I on the other hand have two girls who like ALL the little details of EVERY story. UGH!