Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who Could Resist?


Today I had planned a day at home because this week somehow has made it's way to the errand running hall of fame and we decided we needed a day home. However, as the day progressed, the sun got brighter and brighter and there was not a cloud to be seen... so the boys and I decided to walk to our favorite park and enjoy the beautiful fall crisp day! As we walked, we got warmer and warmer and had a great time on our big adventure! Hillview is our favorite park for many reasons including....
  • It has a REAL merry go round
  • The trees are absolutely amazing
  • Walking trail for mom
  • The playground has toys for big kids
  • This is where Brody learned to ride 2 wheel
  • This is where Connor mastered the monkey bars

Those last two items are really big ones and just another sign how fast my boys are growing up.


Brody was scared at first and he thought it would be easier than it turned out to be, but after just two days was out on his own! He was so proud of himself and we were so proud of him. I'm proud because it was harder than he expected and he worked through that and showed true perserverance.


You know, I can't think of anything that Connor has really struggled doing with his little hand. Of course we forget all about it, but those darn monkey bars were a big challenge for him. He never gave up and one day he just took that chance and went for it which showed real courage. I didn't have my camera that day so this is a different park, but now he can enjoy them anywhere!




Each time we visit, the fall colors get more amazing and the boys have enjoyed gathering leaves into piles and having so much fun. Today they made a large leaf pizza...so creative and interesting and OK, I admit it a little strange!



Who could resist soaking up this image of God's artwork when it is so beautifully displayed? Certainly not myself, or Connor, or Brody, or even our dog Jake!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty day! I LOVE those leaves.
Yay for Connor and Brody and their big accomplishments.

Christy said...

Beautiful! I love the trees up there. Glad you had a fun day out and personally I dont think the leaf pizza is wierd but then you know my girls. ;)