Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bowling for Fun!


Last week, the boys and I went bowling! I have not been bowling in a long time and they had only been a couple of times. We found this great bowling alley that has a homeschool day twice a month where it is just $2 a game! They even have shoes to fit real little guys and 6 pound balls which really impressed me! After bowling a little with the Wii the boys were SO excited to go for real! This will definitely be on the schedule from now on...we all loved it! I am sorry to say that even with bumpers, I barely broke 100, but it was still fun! I am teaching Connor to keep score at home because the new fancy lanes do all that for you now! It is great to sharpen those math skills!








After having so much fun, Connor and Brody have both tried to Re-Create the fun at home.....




There was a paper set of pins and even a paper ball created by Connor...


The only glitch here was that they were real hard to set up and the slightest move would knock them over, but a definite A for effort!



Brody made his own set with...you guessed it....cardboard! He tried so hard and had enough fun to make it worth it!


Then, with a little research, of course some duck tape, a trip to Wal-Mart, and an investment of $1.24 for the cups, and $2.50 for a big yellow softball, we made a set that is easy to set up and a whole lot of fun! The living room has been turned into the football room/bowling alley! Today the pets, (specifically the bear team) got to play!


We can't wait to go again, but until then, this will do!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the bear team.
Looks like SO much fun!!!
We love bowling. I get distracted by how cute Bethanie looks in bowling shoes, but it's still fun. Glad they have that day for homeschoolers! Yay!

Joanna Christiansen said...

Ok I tried posting a comment and it didn't go through so if you end seeing 2 comments from me then you can delete this one. I was wondering if you guys met any other homeschoolers at the bowling alley? It looks like you had a lot of fun. We started bowling with the homeschool group here once per month but I was so scattered last week I actually forgot to go and I had already paid any everything. You have a better deal at your bowling alley. We pay $3 per game. I do like using those bumpers. I'm lucky if I score 100, the kids routinely do a much better job than I do.

IE Mommy Blogger said...

You are just so amazingly creative. Looks like a lot of fun....the twins and I love to bowl...I do a bit more then they do...but well, it's fun!