Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grateful for 40!

40 degrees that is!

I got an e-mail from sister from her work in Red Bud, IL where it was a very cold 7 degrees with a wind chill of -10!!!! Ok, now that is cold! It is not so bad here after all! As a matter of fact is was 40 and about 12:30 the sun came out and the sky turned blue! We hadn't seen that for a couple of days and I wanted to enjoy it! Plus, we needed some exercise and so did the dog so we bundled up and headed out! We got a special surprise when we noticed that this tree in our front yard bloomed these amazing pink flowers. It was so cute because Brody looked at it and said..."Mommy, is it still winter?" I guess this is a special winter blooming tree and I LOVE it! What a wonderful sight and I am so grateful for it's beauty! I need to find out what kind it is!

I started a gratitude or grateful journal and am recording 5 things each day that I am grateful for. It sounds pretty easy, but some days it is hard, and some days it is hard picking just 5! Sometimes I forget to think through the day and I have to sit down and go back through the day at the end. I know today I'm grateful for 40 and for this splash of color much needed to the landscape! Three more should be a piece of cake....


Cake...there's one...just two more to go!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cake! Definitely something to be grateful for. How neat to have that winter-blooming plant. I'm curious what it is, too.

I love the idea of journaling your list of things you're grateful for.

IE Mommy Blogger said...

Love the idea of "Grateful Journal". I may have to borrow it, hmmmm???

Your picture was cute and I loved the blog title. It really piqued my interest as I know that I am a lot closer to 40 then you are, lol.

Christy said...

Ok, here it goes (at the cost of you hating me) I am grateful for the 82 degrees it was here today! There I said it. ;)

littlecbsmom said...

Christy I could never ever hate you! As I write this I'm sticking out my toungue at you, but certainly not hate! Besides one day maybe around July or August I will write that it got all the way up to 82 here after hearing that it was 106 there in Yucaipa!:)!