Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Can I read to you?

I can't believe the amazing progress that Brody has made in reading just in the last few weeks! It is just like that light went on and now he is "getting it"! He reads to Jake (our lab) every day as part of his school to give him the extra practice with his little readers! He loves to do it and he can't wait for that part every day! I don't how Jake feels but today he looked pretty attentive for a while anyway (see picture below)! What a good dog!
Besides all the reading we do in school, we always have a chapter book going, (right now it is Winnie the Pooh, I'm not a big fan, sshh!) and when I tuck him in we read a chapter in this little study bible he has. Well the other night, HE wanted to do the reading...and he did SO good! It is so cute when he is reading, he is working so hard that he actually forgets to breathe, and will stop and grab his chest and say, "wait a minute mommy, I have to breathe". I was absolutely amazed and I have to say that I felt even more thrilled when I heard my little boy figure out words on his own like; prophets, Israel, Ahab, and sacrifices! Imagine that! I had to help him with some parts, of course, but only a kid that hears about the bible would know those words!


He works hard at all his school work and is constantly telling me that he doesn't have enough work. I had to let the reins go on the handwriting and let him work ahead and then order him a new book! I had to do the same thing in math and he is halfway through the book he was going to start in the fall. His listening and comprehension skills are so good and he is strong in memorization and narration as well. I am so blessed to be with him everyday and watch him learn, what an amazing honor!

I also captured this picture of Brody and Jake today. Brody was changing Jake's fur to all different colors with these color panels, it was so funny! I couldn't believe how well Jake sat there! He must of been really tired or doped on Benadryl! Good Boy Jake!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Way to go Brody!!

What a great dog you have too.

You are so blessed with such smart boys who excel so well. It must be because they have such a great mom and teacher.

IE Mommy Blogger said...

That is beyond cute. I just wish the twins even wanted to read. Adorable shots!

Christy said...

the dog looks serioulsy interested too so that makes it even cuter. You know all he heard was,"blah,blah,blahblah, dog biscuit!" ;)

Kindra said...

Oh my gosh...that is the cutest thing ever. Dogs are the best friends our kids will ever have. :)