Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chocolate Anyone?

Ok, my brain is a little wired up as you can tell from my last post :) Anyway, I have been thinking about participating in lent for a while now like my friend Joanna and it always creeps up on me. Well last year, I told my friend Kim to remind me ahead of time and she did, well the day of, but that is still good! So, I called her and we talked about ideas. I realize I have some self control issues in the food area and knew darn good and well that I should give up something I love dearly like chocolate to start me on the road. However, a lot of thought went into finding something that wouldn't be quite so painful! Then when I was talking to Kim and she agreed without hesitation to give up Diet Coke and all carbonated drinks, I had to rise to the challenge!! Iron sharpens iron, right?

So, here I am day 3 and I'm still here! I haven't freaked out to much, and I am doing much better than I thought I would. I just have to say, thank you God for licorice! (after about an hour in the store trying to find something that would satisfy my after meal sweet tooth!)

I just feel sacrifice is hard for me and that is why I wanted to take part in this. It is a small thing but hopefully I will get better each year and go deeper into what it is all about. Right now I'm on the surface and that's OK, we have to start somewhere!

1 comment:

Joanna Christiansen said...

Hey Suzie good for you! I know what you mean about it being hard to sacrifice. I am having such a tough time with mine. I am really being shown what a strong addiction to wasting time I have. I know we will be blessed by the experience.