Friday, September 17, 2010

Final Score......35 - 27

I find it hard to believe but I am for the first time in my mothering career a "soccer mom". Connor and Brody have joined their first organized sports team...flag football. Last Saturday was the first game and they won which I know it isn't about, but let's face it, was a lot of fun!




They are playing for the Upwards league which started here in Salem and I can't even describe how excited they have been. It literally is a dream come true for both of them, which sounds hokey, but it is true!

We have been practicing once each week and they have one game a week as well which is a schedule I can live with.


Before the game, they had all the players run on the field through a tunnel after being announced and it was pretty much the cutest thing EVER! I have to admit, I got a little choked up. I also have to admit that I only turned slightly "crazy" wanting them to really do good and being ever so slightly excited when the other team didn't. I did feel horrible about that, they are just little kids, but those were also MY little kids out there and it changes everything!





Here is Connor getting ready to hand off the ball and Brody taking off ready to block!

This picture is a little blurry but that is how fast these kids were running around that field. Connor is going back to throw and Brody is racing to get out and get open! They told me it was a little different than the backyard with "all those kids coming at us!"

All the kids will get a chance to try all the positions. This game Connor was the quarterback, and Brody a wide reciever on the offense. Brody never even touched the ball, but he didn't care, he was so excited and did a great job blocking when he played defense. The first play of the game right after they all lined up that boy just took off running ready to play! He received a special star for outstanding effort which was a perfect call! Connor did a lot of handoffs but did also throw a completion into the endzone for an extra point which was a huge highlight for all of us! He received the sportsmanship award which we were also proud of.

As much I have encouraged a nice indoor sport like basketball, this is what they have in their hearts to do. As the weather progresses we will see how we all handle football in the rain!

GO TIGERS!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, Tigers!
What fun.
The rainy football photos should be fun!

Christy said...

No winning isn't everything but it sure is fun when your kids are playing!!!! Whew-Hew go team!

Beth said...

How cute they look! I can't believe how far behind I was on reading your blog.

Glad to catch up.