Monday, September 6, 2010

I'll take 179 more JUST like it!

Today was the first "official" day of school and it was fantastic! I really could not of asked for a better day. The trick was a lot more planning and to leave plenty of time. I know life will get in the way more as we move through the year but I sure hope to have more like today.













I decided to try a new breakfast....banana chocolate chip muffins...which turned into quite the ordeal. However for most of us the result was good and I am happy to find a new breakfast for Connor to eat that is pretty healthy for the most part. Brody didn't care for them to much, but that is OK because he eats a lot of different good stuff for breakfast!







We stuck to a new schedule that I am trying for days we are totally home and don't have to go anywhere and it went well. I am instituting a new concept here at our school and it is called homework. I feel like it is a very wierd thing to do since we are home, but I realized that sometimes it takes them to long to finish the big subjects and it moves everything off course for the rest of the day. This results in less time for other fun things! I also realize that it is more of a motivator to complete the assignments if they realize they will have to spend their free time doing them later if they don't get it done;) Worked like a charm!








Today was almost blissful complete with an art lesson on ellipses, science, and even a word each in Latin and Greek! Will it last? I'm not sure, but that is why I decided to journal today and not the end of the week. Today I want to soak in the accomplishments and look forward with a positive attitude.







Today, I am grateful to be able to homeschool and enjoy days like this. Today, I feel blessed by God with my life and my job.

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

LOVE IT!!! What fun. I do hope our first day will go as good. And I am going to steal the homework rule since we will have Noah with homework, it would be perfect for them to sit and get the left over done too! Love it!!!!
Praying for 179 day's just like it :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful! So glad to hear it. And I love the photos of them at work!