Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Goal Update

Wow! Christmas is just one week away and I am happy to report, that I am very pleased with the success of my goal list and all that we have been doing to enjoy the holidays this year! So, I wanted to give an update!


Play more Christmas music - Thanks to my cousin Ann and Christy for the online suggestions! Both were enjoyed and utilized during some free time in the office. Plus, we turned on the radio more looking for songs and the day after I posted I realized last year I had bought the Noel CD by Josh Groban so we enjoy the hec out of that every time we get in the car! We also found a book with some carols in it and have been practicing. Connor's favorite song is Away in a Manger and Brody's favorite is Jingle Bells! We learned the second verse to Away in a Manger and sing together O Come All Ye Faithful and Silent Night!! YEAH!



Participate in Advent - Although we never did do the wreath, (On my list for next year!) we have been doing the daily scripture reading and using the themes for the weeks along with a cute calendar that my cousin Ann sent to us! Definite progress here!


Bake more treats - This went well too! I made one of my favorites, those peanut butter cookies with the kiss in the middle, yum yum! I also found a sugar cookie recipe that we really liked and the boys had a blast decorating and eating them too! We are getting ready for our second batch of both cookies and the boys will be decorating edible Christmas trees this weekend too! YUM! YUM!





Pray for our friends and family - Teri actually reminded me in her comment that these can be collected after the holidays and and used in this special way to kick off the year. That is how I heard it first, so let's just say that I will be implementing that in that manner. Honestly we haven't received to many cards yet this year?? Maybe it is the change of address thing?

Make ornaments & crafts - Fun stuff!

Remember those ornaments that you put all those pieces in and then cook? ( I mean little pieces with tweezers!) I remember making those as a kid. It was tedious at times, but they had a blast then wrapped them up for gifts and were so proud! I am so excited that I already ordered kits for next year on sale at Oriental Trading Company with no shipping minimum! They will get packed up with the decorations and if all goes well, pulled out and crafted with love in plenty of time next year!These are fun handprint Christmas trees! I love my little Brody's unique style...red tree, yellow trunk...loves to be different!



Watch a Christmas special with the boys- Luckily this was low on the totem pole because it didn't happen again this year. I might try to buy the special, but right now just couldn't bring myself to shell out the money for it! They have a video they like, very cute called The First Noel and we will call it good with a new one...there is always time for the classics, they aren't going anywhere..maybe next year...maybe not!
So, that's it, all on my list...I just love checking things off! We really have had a great time and have loved starting some new traditions and creating some great memories. We are so blessed. I can't believe there is only one week to go, it sure does come and go fast, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It does go fast. I'm so glad you were able to do some of the things that were important to you without feeling frazzled, just enjoying!!!

Beth said...

I am very impressed. Way to go! I wish I could help you eat some of those cookies.

Christy said...

hey we sent our card, did you get it yet? Its coming I promise. :) Good job on all the holiday fun though! :)