Monday, June 22, 2009

In 3-D

The boys love to watch this video through our curriculum, Sonlight, called Mathtacular. It is very entertaining to them and they have learned quite a few math concepts along the way. One of the clips is on 3 dimensional objects and they have learned to distinguish, length, height, width and depth to determine if an object is 3D. Well, this spurred Mr. Paper and Tape Man Connor onto a whole slew of new "toys" that he has been making. He has been one busy beaver and you can see why I buy my scotch tape at Costco! (He says a glue stick just doesn't work!)

Who needs store bought toys? Oh yah, and I will probably talk in another post about the cardboard tool shelf he made that he is trying to get me to pay $20 for!



Here is an airplane from a Gatorade bottle full of water, a car, a van (complete with road for driving), and part of the fruit collection including a banana, strawberry, pineapple and orange!

Here is his very own computer!

Here is a tool box and tools to go with it; claw hammer, screwdriver, pliers, nails and screws!


Two guns; one is a rifle and I forgot the other one:)




These were actually the first ones he made, a sword and a mini rifle!













2 comments:

Unknown said...

That kid's got talent! And ingenuity, and creativity, and all sorts of ability with Scotch tape. I love the variety of stuff. My personal favorite is the van. Or the pineapple. Tough call.

Christy said...

Ok I can see a future for this kid! Too cute! We are going to miss you this 4th of July. Last year was so fun. :(