Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big News and Little Visitors!






Well this week my Brody took another step into "big boyhood" with the ever exciting purchase of a high back booster seat for the car! He is SO thrilled, and it was a tough year to wait behind Connor on this one, but he made it. I wish you could of seen him walking or should I say strutting through Wal Mart with such a proud look to go pick it out. Then after he did; he carried it along with his big brother all through the store and to the car. Everyone commented on how darn adorable they were! He has been calling everyone this week with the big news and I finally remembered the picture today!

The boys are doing MUCH better being outside again. Someone gave Connor a little skateboard and Brody has loved getting back on his bike. They still like me out there with them for now, but they have ventured out without me too this week so I am very happy with the progress in this area. I told them they are earning a little video game time this weekend too!

Even Jake enjoyed an afternoon snooze in the shade!



During some of our outdoor excursions, we have been observing these amazing dragonflies that visit our backyard. We have been researching in a science book and have been learning what we can about these beautiful creatures that are so fun to watch. So far we read that there should be a body of water close by to have them, but I don't think I do? Of course, we are new here...but I am curious!

Tonight I found a very interesting little visitor in my bedroom...a tiny frog! I have seen a few of these on the front porch, but in the house is new. They were doing some work on the master bathroom today so the backdoor was open the entire day and I'm sure that is how he got in. Aren't they usually by water too? MMMMM...maybe there IS something I'm not aware of!
The house has made amazing progress since my last post, I will take some pictures and post more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So whaddya think? A secret pond or something that you just didn't notice before? Start looking!

Christy said...

maybe your really over a swamp! That would be cool; OK maybe for the boys. I love the pictures of the boys riding and playing. And a big kid car seat? So exciting!! Have a blessed weekend friend.