Thursday, June 11, 2009

My awesome little Brod!

Well, today Brody absolutely amazed me. I wanted the kids to have some quiet time so I sent them to their room to read or look at books for a while. We were just given this little book called "Sam the Firehouse Cat" and Brody just fell in love with it, well actually the cover. It has a cute tabby cat on it!



After a little while, he came out and just announced to me like it was no big deal that he just read the book. I asked him to tell me what happened and he did. (The book had never been read to him) So I asked him to read it to me and he did fantastic. There was about 7 words that he needed help on but I couldn't believe the words he was reading! So, before my very eyes, he just leaped from the short 3 letter word books he finished up for school and has moved on to Little Golden Books! Hmmmmm...I think 1st grade Language Arts will be a breeze!



Big Brother was so proud of him too!

2 comments: