Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm so Proud of my boys!

This week I have been given some great reasons to be proud of my boys....

I had this brilliant idea Monday morning to head out to a great new swimming hole we found in Albany called the Swanson Pool that afternoon. The weather forecasted a hot day and the rest of the week looked pretty busy with cooler temperatures. So, we all hustled on chores and headed out to run a few errands before our fun afternoon.

One of those was to visit a friend in the hospital. We planned to spend some time visiting, then head home eat lunch and be there right when it opened. When we got to the hospital, there was quickly a change of plans. Our friend was being released to go home! It was a great thing and since we were already there, we agreed to be the transportation. Well, that took about 3 hours so I had to break it to Connor and Brody that we were not going to get to the pool that day after all due to the limited hours of open swim time. This was such an opportunity for them to shine and shine they did! I just told them that people were more important than our plans. While we did talk and acknowledge how disappointing it was for us, we also focused on what a great thing for our friend Aldine to be back in her room where she could continue to heal! She also showered them with lemon drops which probably didn't hurt either;)

We got to that pool the next day and enjoyed ourselves with a wonderful afternoon!

My other proud moment came this morning. Connor woke up with a stomach ache and a feeling like he might get sick. (I think it turned out to be hunger since he didn't like my meatloaf last night and hardly ate anything!) Connor was on the couch resting and reading and Brody VOLUNTEERED to do his chores for him! After a few were done, I asked him why he did that and he said it was "just because Connor doesn't feel good." I asked him if he felt he should get extra gems for that and he said he didn't know but he would ask Connor if it was OK! Isn't that just the sweetest thing! It was such a selfless act of kindness and melted my heart to see him love on his brother like that!

Now to find those pictures from the pool.....

1 comment:

Beth said...

Awww, you should be so proud of your sons. What wonderful young men you are raising.