Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Lazy Days of Summer.....

Whoever came up with that saying hasn't taken 2 vacations both with LONG road trips in one summer!

We have been back a week now from our second and last trip and I have been anxious but not stressed to get back to my blog! I don't like it when so much time has passed, I feel I will leave something out...but attempt it anyway I will do!


The boys and I packed up again and headed to St. Louis Missouri this time to visit with family and friends. We only stayed a day....before driving to Virginia for my little brother's wedding. Luckily Aunt Lara made the journey with us;)


Our one day in St. Louis was spent well though; visiting at Grandma Louise's, swimming and a Cardinal baseball game all wrapped up on one!











Here are the boys hanging out with Grandma Louise at her place, and with Aunt Kathy sporting their new Cardinal shirts!



There was a little bit of rain at the game, but Connor especially was fired up to see the Cardinals!




Then we drove to Maryland where we attended the rehearsal dinner for the wedding of James & Jennifer which was taking place the next day. It was great to be a part of it and to see some family from Kansas City and Florida that we haven't seen in a few years. That night it was off to Virginia where we checked into our hotel and passed out. Nana booked us a hotel with a pool so we were there bright and early in the morning working off some energy before the wedding that day!







My "little" brother and his bride to be and James with Connor and Brody.


Here is me with my boys! It is not often that mom gets in the picture!






Of course Aunt Lara kept Connor and Brody highly entertained at the reception!


Here is Nana, Papa, Connor and Brody at the reception!



I don't have any pictures of the bride and groom because they had a photographer that was very thorough so I stayed out of his way! It was a beautiful day and we were so glad to be able to make it to celebrate with them!


After the wedding we spent a few days visiting with our family there and on our last day Papa took us over to the pool in his neighborhood which was a huge hit for my little fish. They got to go off their first diving board AND they had a basketball hoop which was a ton of fun! The word of the day was "cannonball"!Then we drove back to Missouri where we spent another 4 days which will have to be updated in another post...SO much fun stuff!

2 comments:

Beth said...

What fun! You and the boys look great. It's nice to see you in the pictures too.

Christy said...

whew.....sounds like you've been running, driving and visiting all summer just like us. So fun! Your hair is getting so long, cute cute!