Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More from my Trip

I realize I missed some VERY important things from our trip after the wedding when we spent a few more days in St. Louis before flying home so here is my 2nd attempt to document just some of the fun we had!
I have to say, I felt a little "touristy" with what we had planned but it was great fun!


Connor and Brody have been talking about going in the arch for literally about a year now. What is wrong with them? I could not figure out the attraction of going 630 ft. up in the air in what looks like a bent and twisted building! Granted...it is beautiful and the construction is amazing but do they know how high that is? However, we decided to grant their request and go for it...have some fun! Should I have started this with the fact that I have a mild terror of heights? Maybe not...where would the fun be there?

I realized I just had to go and experience this with them for many reasons.

1) I didn't want to look like a wimp
2) I didn't want to be mom that stayed behind and didn't have fun
3) I wanted to show them that I could face my fears and not let fear stop me from trying new things and having fun
4) Brody was obviously nervous and Aunt Lara said I had to!

It was a great experience and once I got to the top and over a few feet to the straight part, it wasn't so bad. I am pretty sure I even looked out the window! I know I didn't get sick and after a few minutes even Brody was climbing in the window! They loved seeing the line for the Cardinal game from all the way up there and the building with the swimming pool on the roof!





Here it is...PROOF that I DID IT!!!

We also LOVE going to the St. Louis Zoo! Aunt Lara has been a member forever and we get some extra perks that even make it more fun like free train rides!




I had told both boys that I would let them make something at Build A Bear and we thought it would be fun to do on our trip at the zoo location! It was a huge bonus that we found a $5 coupon in the airline magazine! (Connor and I really like to get a good deal!)

Connor made a panda and Brody made a penguin! They had SO much fun and it was a real memorable experience for them!




Here is Aunt Lara, Grandma Louise and Aunt Kathy with Connor and Brody at the new and improved entrance to the zoo!


I had to prove that I was there too;)


It was a hot and humid day to be at the zoo, but a fun day altogether. I'm pretty sure that one of the cutest sights in the world was Connor and Brody walking around with their maps navigating for us! They looked so grown up! They were also such gentlemen and took turns carrying the backpack with all our stuff for the day...what tough boys they are!








LOVE Connor with the notebook here. He found it hard to look around, walk and write, but he tried hard!





The penguins and this hippo were definite highlights of the day!

It was great to be back in St. Louis with all the great food....I mean all the wonderful people! We gathered one night at Sweet Tomatoes with family, had dinner with my brother and his wife and I even spent an afternoon with a friend from high school I hadn't seen in over 20 years!

What wonderful memories....I am SO grateful for my husband who supports me to take these trips and who stayed home to work and take care of our pets! Thank you honey!

3 comments:

Beth said...

What fun pictures. Your boys looked so cute in all of those photos. Good for you being the brave mom and facing your fear of heights. What great memories :)

Christy said...

Wow that looks like allot of fun friend. Glad to see you in some of the pictures. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. I LOVE the photo with the hippo in it. So what is in Connor's notebook?