Sunday, August 15, 2010

MY Tax Table





As I walked through my dining room this evening, I had a flashback! I was a little kid walking through our dining room at my dad's house and it was tax season! That is how my table looks right now only my "tax" work is school preparation!



I am excited to plan for this year. I realize I always start out with more subjects and plans than I end up with and I just pray that the important things stick! Some new things for this year...




  • A Character Curriculum teaching virtues through Aesop Fables and the Bible
  • Adding on a bible study in addition to Sonlight
  • Journal Jars with topics to pull and grab from
  • Piecing together my own LA curriculum (very nervous about this one!)
  • Trying English from the Roots Up AGAIN
  • Scheduling light on Wednesdays to accommodate for co op with less stress (hopefully)
  • Fun on Fridays....save some of the good stuff for last!
  • Adding Unit Studies in Science
  • Critical Thinking Studies
  • Connor - math on CD! (Teaching Textbooks...YIPPEE for mom)
  • Connor - Football Math (lessons on Fridays)
  • Brody - Study on sheep this year
  • A new attack plan on creative writing

Wow! I'm not sure if I can make it all fit! Maybe I shouldn't have listed them out like this? I'm sure a few more days at the drawing board and I will feel just fine! I am really looking forward to this year and getting a little bit more organized! Summer has been great and we have really enjoyed ourselves, but I think it will be a great school year too!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Suzie! That table (and that list) actually look fun! I pray for your upcoming year - I'm sure it will be a good one.
I'm getting really excited to start the new year, but I better get to work like you!