Monday, November 1, 2010

Party Poopers!

So I was just visiting a few of my friends blogs reading about all of their Halloween fun and I feel like major party poopers!

This year was kind of strange...I just couldn't get the kids excited about dressing up. I felt I was totally pushing them and they were just very un-excited. They said they would wear their costumes from last year and didn't even sound interested in the carnival at church that we go to every year. So...I threw another idea out there....how about we buy some candy and stay home and watch a movie? They jumped and down and were thrilled with the idea....so there you have it. We hit Winco where I let them go a little crazy in the bulk bin section, then we spent the night snuggled on the couch watching "Air Bud, Golden Receiver". I might be a party pooper, but it is all my kids fault;)


Actually, they did put on some costumes to go visit a few neighbors that bought candy just for them since there is no trick or treat business where we live. I never thought I would see a football playing monkey, but now I have.


Also, what a great opportunity to share these memories.
Truthfully, they do dress up and seem to enjoy it...just recently they tailored these fine knight uniforms all on their own from foam board!

You know I can't help but think of that quote that paraphrased goes something like this...Every time you buy a child a toy, you take away their desire to create it on their own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great quote and I think you found the perfect way to spend the evening.

Christy said...

Ahhh thats great friend. You spent the night exactly how they wanted and that is what makes it special.