Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Big 07!

So this October my mom turned the big 70 and my baby turned the big 07. He is now the age on his football jersey...apparently a very big deal!







Even though he opted for the "no party" there was still plenty of presents from family and friends! We also had "the cousins" over for cake and ice cream.



He got some much needed money and a Petsmart gift card to buy rabbit supplies, and plenty of things to keep him busy! Here is just a few!







Kim and Zack sent a present for Brody and his brother...very thoughtful!










Well, Brody says..." I still feel like I'm six" but he is another year older, getting so big, and growing up so fast.

Dear Brody,

Happy Birthday to a very special boy that puts laughter in our lives each and every day. You love life and it shows. You are the "class clown" in our house. You play tough, but you still love to snuggle and I love both sides of you. You love your family, and care deeply for animals. Your bond with your brother is so apparent and puts joy in my heart that can't be described. You are confident and at the same time willing to admit when something frightens you. I love that honesty. You are so smart and learning comes natural to you. You tease Connor about his love for books as you lift your eyes from your own. You have a very logical mind which I pray that God will use in your life in a mighty way. I call you my "little negotiator" and am constantly amazed at how you see things and how you teach me to see them too. You embrace things that are unique and admire the extraordinary.

You are a true gift and a blessing from God and I am so grateful to be your mom. I know 7 will be great!

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Brody! I love the letter, Suzie.
Can you please explain the gift that says "Calafant"?

littlecbsmom said...

Teri...that is a barn made from cardboard. I found them at a homeschool fair and they are a ton of fun. You build it and then decorate it with paint or markers. Brody is very excited to design his own. They have all sorts of fun stuff like castles and ships too.