Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful for 10

During our bedtime routine on Thanksgiving night, I asked the boys what they were thankful for. We just happen to love lists and round even numbers around here so they decided to come up with 10....

Brody
1. God
2. My Parents
3. My Brother
4. My Pets
5. Food
6. Reading/Books
7. Drinks
8. Sheepie
9. Sleep
10. Sugar (Gum, root beer, and cool whip)

Connor
1. God
2. Mom and Dad
3. Food and Water
4. Brody
5. The Pets
6. Clothes and my bed
7. Books
8. Our House
9. Football
10. Vitamins

One interesting fact to note here; they came up with these lists ALL on their own with one exception. After Connor heard Brody list God first he moved Him up a notch;)

Thanksgiving Day opened up the door for some special sweet treats which highly affected the end of Brody's list as you can clearly see. The most unusual addition is the vitamins on Connor's list and of course after all the football on Thanksgiving Day I was not surpised to see it make the cut!

However, over all I am pleased for the most part where their priorities seem to be at their young ages and I thought these were too cute not to share!

2 comments:

Christy said...

He moved God up? Too cute. :)

The Turkington Family said...

I LOVE this idea!!! Thanks for sharing...and I can't believe Sheepie is so far down the list...I thought for sure he would come after God! Lol :-)