Thursday, December 2, 2010

Connor's Birthday!

This year Connor's birthday fell on Saturday and was spent with some of his favorite things. Aunt Lara was visiting and he started the day with presents! As you can see in the picture, he woke up at the crack of dawn which is very unlike him on a normal day! Can it get much better?






Sure...throw in Paddington's Pizza for lunch and football on the tube later and you have a hit of a birthday to put a smile like this on his face! Here is the birthday boy with a thin crust pepperoni and black olive pizza, a vanilla creme soda and a sucker! YIPPEE!



Also, he really wanted to decorate his very own cake this year for his home party! Big shocker.....a football theme!



This year for his 9th birthday Connor chose a party! We give our kids a choice between a party or a present from us each year. We do this not only to control the cost, but to teach them about making choices and prioritizing. This year Connor was very involved in the party planning. I was thrilled to have a party with our friends here in Oregon, even though he chose Chuck E Cheese for the place;) Actually, I have to say that the people over at Chuck E Cheese were fantastic and we had the party on Monday morning and literally had the run of the place until the party was over which made it very pleasant!

We made some football cupcakes that were a lot of fun and I think I heard from more than one of my friends, that my sister is one of the best Aunts around. I think I can agree with that!




I think it was a great time for birthday fun and I just can't believe it has been 9 years since I became a mother.


Dear Connor,

I can't believe that you are 9 years old and the same baby that I once held almost non stop in my arms. I really enjoy you. Your passion never ceases to amaze me. You have a true dedication for the people and the things that you love. Loyal describes you pefectly, and lucky are the ones that you call friend. I admire the way you think of others. Your ability to feel true repentance is rare and your heart is SO easy to reach.

You love to have fun and play is a huge priority in your life. I have to resist the urge constantly to push that brilliant mind and step aside and let you be a kid. You love to create toys and games. You start many many projects and finish only a few of them, but your joy clearly comes from the idea!

You have an incredible memory and love to learn and read. You are confident in who you are, and I see that grow each year. You are a peacemaker and a very easy going young man. You are cautious about most new things which as your mother, I can truly appreciate;)

Your laugh is contagious and your smile is happiness and contentment rolled into one.
I love being your mom and feel honored each and every day that God blesses me with the privelage. Happy Birthday to you!
Love, Mom

No comments: