Saturday, January 1, 2011

Really God?

I have been trying to deny the clear voice I hear from God telling me what my "word resolution" is for 2011. It first came to me a few weeks ago and of course I put off blogging it waiting for the REAL word to come. I was hoping for something else, not sure what, just something else. Most likely something easier or fun...like kindness or organizing... but NO....not that easy.

This year God wants me to focus on SELF-CONTROL. YUCK!

The hard truth is, I lack it and I know it.

I can't believe how many times in many different areas of my life I will say I am going to do or not do something and then I justify doing the opposite. It will come up in everything over the course of the year I'm sure...

Exercise, Diet, Parenting, Relationships, Finances, Time Management

It has already come up in most of those just today:)

Even though I am dreading the "work", I know it will be a good thing and I want to be positive and open to all God has for me to learn. So, I will hold on tight and prepare for the ride!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Does that count with chocolate?