Friday, May 29, 2009

Big Graduation Day!

Well, my little boy is officially "done" with kindergarten! I wanted to make it a little special, but things are a little crazy right now! So, we did something so it didn't go by without getting celebrated! It is a big deal after all to complete your kindergarten year!

We went to the party store to pick out a special cap that of course he ended up not wanting to wear, but did for a picture! Also, I made him a graduation certificate and we went to celebrate at Coldstone, his choice of course!
(When Connor graduated, he was part of a group and they had a big celebration and I didn't want Brod to feel like his passed by! )

He is very proud of himself and kept saying all day..."I graduated into the first grade." I am proud of him too, he did a great job this year and I can't wait for next! Way to go Brody!


Since I am writing about Brody, I have to put a funny little Brody story in here....


We are moving so of course there are boxes and boxes everywhere! Well, we had 2 pretty good size boxes that were for goodwill items, things we are getting rid of. So, we have been piling things in there and filled them up full. I guess they saw some beloved treasures go in there because I overheard Brody the other day when he was sitting with the dog tell him..."Don't worry Pus, we won't give you away to the goodwill." It was so precious! He was so sincere and really wanted Jake to feel loved, the move is really stressing him out!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Way to go buddy! I must say for someone (me) who was so freaked to home school last year I am really looking forward to Morgan starting 3d grade and Ryanne starting K. I am loving it.

Joanna Christiansen said...

You are such a great home school mom Suzie. I am always learning from you. I didn't even think about doing a graduation for Elijah since he completed Kindergarten too.

Brody is such a sweet boy to be comforting the dog like that.