Friday, May 22, 2009

She Can't Be Done!

This is the prayer that I have been praying for weeks. I have really wanted to knock God's socks off with some incredibly thought out prayers full of words beautifully drawn together backed up by verses and complete confidence in His plan. But it seems the majority of the time I just kept telling him...."She can't be done". I would wake up with that prayer in my heart just as I did this morning.

She can't be done...

Showing so many people a glimpse of Jesus just through who she is
Being a wife to Pastor Don
Being a mom to Talicia, Trey and Tawndi
Being a grandma to all those grandkids she loved so dearly
Loving on moms and mentoring through MOPS
Cuddling any baby she could get a hold of
Talking to strangers wherever she went
Being a gift giver
Making anyone feel welcome at YCC
Sitting next to strangers just to get to know them
Passing that smile on to so many people just when they need it
Loving on all those people at Braswell's that she cared so deeply for
Performing countless acts of service to show God's love
Being an inspiration in so many ways to SO many people
Giving timeless advice on faith, marriage, and mothering



This morning Aldeana passed away. So many of us will mourn the loss of Aldeana Hinkle while Jesus welcomes her into His arms. I know that she is in heaven and I am so happy for her, but I can't believe she is done here. I know that she is hearing Him tell her, "well done good and faithful servant" but I can't believe she is done here. I know that so many lives here on earth will be forever changed because of knowing her, but I can't believe she is done. I know that a lot more rooms are occupied in heaven because of her, but I can't believe she is done, and I am sad. My heart breaks for Pastor Don and his family and for all of those that won't have a chance to be touched or changed through Aldeana.

But, I have to count on God's perfect timing and trust in His plan. Then I have to realize that she isn't done BECAUSE of all the people she impacted throughout her life. I have to realize that even though so many might not meet the physical Aldeanna, they can still be touched and changed through her spirit that lives on. I have to trust that the exact ways she touched lives will ripple on through generations to come and that truly....

She can't possibly be done yet!

For that I am grateful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm crying as I'm reading the news here. Beth had been telling me about Aldeana's struggle in the hospital. I can't believe it. She touched my life, too by her prayers when I was pregnant with Bethanie. And I loved when she'd bring her little puppy to play with the kids after MOPS. And her funny Del Taco recipe was right up my alley. And I love that you mentioned Dorothy too. We were all blessed knowing these older, wiser women.

Beth said...

Suzie I agree she can't be done but thankfully she's not. All the people she touched will carry on her love and tenderness. I am terribly sad :( but rejoicing that she is whole and healthy in the presence of Jesus now.

Christy said...

I'm all tears again reading your thoughtful post. It's funny I was thinking the same thing and then just today we were cleaning off a bookshelf and I came across a book Aldeana gave me to encourage me in marriage and I have to say Beth is right, she isn't anywhere near done. She has planted seeds in my heart that will last and grow a lifetime and that I plan to pass on by loving on other moms and wives. Thanks for the post.

Kindra said...

Thank you SO much for this post. I have been wanting to post something on my blog, but can't find the words. I am still in shock and finding it hard to focus.
But you wrapped it up perfectly...may God use how Aldeana has touched me in others.
Thanks again, Susie.