Friday, May 29, 2009

House Update

Well, tomorrow is moving day and I am a little stressed! Of course I don't have a kitchen which is a struggle in itself, but I do find myself grateful for the wet bar in the family room after all! It turns out that will come in handy! I SO wanted this move to go smoother than I feel it is going. I thought since we were moving locally this time, it would be so much better, but it is a move and that is just stressful. So, I am learning to let go. I hired some movers who will be here in the morning so tomorrow will be the worst of it!



Just barely in time, we got a bathroom almost done and the shower should be functioning by tomorrow afternoon! So, that is good news.


The ironic thing is that the boys are absolutely "freaked out" by any kind of bug right now after the bee sting incident. They are scared to be outside and it is frustrating me. I have tried to be patient, then logical, and I just feel downright agitated! We have been waiting for sunshine for months, and here it is and I am inside packing and cleaning and the boys are scared to go out! Everyone keeps telling me, they will get over it, but I am still waiting! How long can this take? Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!


Here are a few pictures of the start on the addition. The foundation is done and the framing will start tomorrow...it can't happen quick enough for me!







I have to say it was a little scary to see that hole dug, I realized there is no turning back now!


The last two nights we have been at the house, we saw this wonderful visitor in the yard! It is amazing that she just stood there and kept eating the whole time we were unloading the van! I know when I get a garden started, I won't be so thrilled to see them, but for now it is cool!


I realize the picture isn't that great, but it is a deer!

I did get some great news today and it seems high speed internet is available in my area after all! I am very excited about that but it won't be hooked up until the end of next week! I will have to see if I can manage that! It should enable me to get a lot accomplished...like I need to do now! Signing off...for now!

3 comments:

Christy said...

hang in there friend, it will all be a fond memory soon. You will look back and laugh at the craziness. ;)

Unknown said...

Hope it went well today. I'll pray you through the weekend!

Love the photos of the addition! It's like watching a show on HGTV! Please keep posting photos of the progress - unless the boys keep you inside.

Joanna Christiansen said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a stressful time and missing the sunshine. I'm also praying the move goes well. In regards to the bees I am guessing you have already read them books about bees so they are educated about why a bee would sting them. When we went to the farm that does bee keeping they told us not to bat at bees they will usually leave you alone even if they are buzzing around you, but sudden movements scare them. Maybe show them "The Bee Movie".