Monday, August 24, 2009

The Big Question

When does school start? Everyone is asking and I don't have a great answer! The boys worked on calendars this morning in their new planners and they have their opinion, and I am reading blog after blog of all my dear sweet California friends already putting pen to paper...but I just don't know! First of all, here in Oregon school doesn't start until September 8th. Second, I am still getting organized and waiting on an order with some things I need. Third, the sun is still shining and the weather has been amazing. It almost doesn't seem right to do school on these kind of days when I know what is coming...the inevitable rain.

So, I am shooting for September 1st, but I'm flexible. What the hec is Oregon doing to me???

Deep breath....AAAHHHH.....

It will happen, we will get done what we need to get done and all will be right with our academic world in due time:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry! You're taking advantage of one of the huge pros of homeschooling, right? You can enjoy the weather a while longer and work through the rain, just like you said. You're not on anybody else's timetable!

Joanna Christiansen said...

Growing up we always started after labor day. I love the idea of starting October 8th along with the other kids up there. I dislikes starting in August but we don't have a choice given we are using the charter school. I think you should definitely take advatage of the sunlight while you have it and start whenever you are ready.

Joanna Christiansen said...

Oops I wrote october when I meant September. LOL

Beth said...

I agree. Thankfully you can be flexible with your start date. Enjoy the weather and long sunny days. The rain and shorter days are comig.