Sunday, August 9, 2009

Down to the last box!

Today I worked on getting in the last of the boxes from the garage! I have one box left that will hopefully only be taunting me for a day or so! It is full of things that I don't know what to do with but things I am not ready to let go of! I can't believe I put together a whole other donation box! Why is it so darn hard for me to decide what I should keep?
Almost everything has a "home" and I have really one major project to tackle and that is my closet. Other than that, I am on the hunt for a dining room table and some furniture to put into the new room! Also, the walls need to be decorated and the windows in the new part of the house! The contractor is almost done, he will be working on a patio cover to complete his work here this week!
Here are some before and after pictures of just the kitchen to capture some of what we did! I will get pictures soon of the living room which didn't even exist before and the master bathroom that is almost complete!
.


So far I have a few favorite parts! The bookshelves there are awesome! They are holding almost all of our school books and supplies and even a whole section for cookbooks and other items! So, the boys will now do most of their schoolwork in the dining room and everything will be right there! Since I am in the kitchen so much, it will really come in handy! Also, we put in a real hand scraped maple floor and it is SO awesome! I love it way more than I thought I would! What do you think?











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie, that is just beautiful! I love everything - the shelves, the desk, the counters and cabinets, the floor, the light fixtures and all the windows. It looks so nice!

So glad you showed photos! I will post photos of our school room as soon as it's really DONE!

Beth said...

Suzie! I love it! It looks wonderful. I love the colors of everything. It looks very homey. Great job, I'm sure you can't wait to have it all done.

Joanna Christiansen said...

Its gorgeous!! So happy for you!