Saturday, April 3, 2010

Busy & Blissed

A few reasons why my afternoon out did NOT feel like a break from mommyhood....

1) The weather was awful; rainy and stormy off and on all day
2) I ran marathon errands for a total of 9
3) I ran those 9 errands in the awful rainy weather
4) Target and Wal-Mart supercenter were included in that bunch
5) I was out on a Saturday at the beginning of the month
6) I was out on a Saturday at the beginning of the month, the day before a holiday!

A few reasons why my afternoon out DID feel like a break!

1) My afternoon did start with lunch by myself and a good book
2) I was the only one put out by the awful weather in and out of all those stores
3) I splurged on Starbucks
4) It ended with a facial at Simply Blissed!

I had this afternoon planned all week, but the errands kept piling up. It has been forever since I had a facial and when they called earlier in the week and could get me in, I jumped on the chance! When I got there, I got to put my feet up on the couch with a warm wrap around my shoulders and a hot cup of tea. My facial was incredible...warm booties on my feet...relaxing music...and incredible smells. It was SO wonderful! They really know how to spoil you there!

Then I came home to dishes in the sink, the boys still in their pajamas wanting dinner, laundry to put away.......you know....back to reality;) Connor and Brody did enjoy their "daddy day" and even colored their Easter eggs! I enjoyed talking to them on the phone. Sounds silly...but they sound so different when I talk to them on the phone, so grown up!

All in all.....Busy & Blissed....and wonderful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about talking to the kids on the phone, I really like it, too.

Sorry the weather and the errands were less than desirable. I'm so glad you got that facial - NICE!!!

Christy said...

I know right? We dont get to talk to them on the phone often so its super sweet to hear their sweet voices when we are gone, so innocent and cute. :) Glad you got a day out crummy weather and all. Go Dad!