Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Look Mom - No Cavities!

Well today we made it to the dentist! We braved the "new to us" winter weather and had to go out in the rain and endure temperatures in the low 30's but we made it! I have become so much more grateful for our warm house and car and hey those heated seats in the van are a huge bonus! Anyway, both the boys had great check ups which I am so thrilled with. I have had so much trouble with my teeth, that I just hope and pray for them to have a better mouth! The three of us prayed for no cavities right there in the chairs and I'm sure they thought we were nuts, but that is OK! It worked! The dentist said their teeth look great overall. Connor is missing a permanent tooth, but it should work out OK; and Brody's mouth could get cramped for space, but ultimately there is no way of knowing that in the short term. So, I will just enjoy the good news of the day which is no cavities and no visit needed for a whole year!


Of all the times we have gone to the dentist, not once have I remembered my camera and I have always regretted that once we get there. I guess because when you have gone through what I have it that chair, there seems to be nothing cute about it! But, wouldn't you know it, the office also turned out to be a sort of time capsule too, and they took these cute Polaroids for me!! Yes, I typed that right a real working Polaroid! I thought I held out going digital!
They were excellent patients and said their favorite part was the flouride treatment. That must of come a long way since I was little but I am grateful for that too!

It is hard to believe that in just 2 days Connor will be 7 years old, doesn't seem possible!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great check-up. LOVE the Polaroids.
Seven??? Crazy, just crazy.

Beth said...

Great news! I'm glad it was such a good visit for the boys. They look so cute in the big chairs. I love the boots.

Christy said...

HAppy b-day dude and way to go with the dentist!!!! Its cold and rainy here to friend. Thanks for sharing the love. ;)