Friday, October 22, 2010

One more chore


I absolutely dread ironing. Truthfully, I have enjoyed the last almost 20 years of no ironing. I loved my husband's T-shirt and jeans philosphy and have had no trouble putting something back on the shelf that looked like it would require ironing. After all....I did "press" full time with a job I had out of high school and feel I did my time. Plus after you have used a professional iron, you realize how inadequate the regular versions are.


However, that time has come to an end and I am now back to the task of ironing those button up shirts. Bryan wants to look nicer at work now that he is a superintendent and I definitely agree and support him. He has meetings with clients, suppliers and companies now and I am so proud of him.


Yesterday was my first day back on the job. The kids were giddy to see mom use the new iron and board I had to purchase. (I know I had an iron because I have used it on numerous bead crafts that the boys made over the years, but I couldn't even find it;)

They thought it was the coolest thing ever and that is when it hit me that they have never seen anything like it....mom ironing clothes?
Oh...the good ole days;)

2 comments:

Kindra said...

Isn't it funny? I rarely use my iron either. When I get it out and open up the board all the animals freak out because it is a noise they aren't use to. But I am ironing more and more since my "tall" family doesn't put much in the dryer.

Christy said...

ha so funny! Kinda like when the girls see Dan dusting. WHAAATTTTT?? :)