Monday, October 4, 2010

You Win some....You loose some.

Wow, what a weekend!


Started Saturday with team picture day for flag football then onto the big game. They knew it would be a tough one against the Crimson Tide but they practiced hard and were confident they would do their best. One of the many strong players was out camping, but they tried hard not to let that get them down.


Connor got to play quarterback and was obviously nervous. Once the offense got in the groove though it went better. Connor was thrilled to score his first points which involved a 2 point bonus after a touchdown. He tossed it to Jack, who tossed it back to him and then he ran it in the end zone for the score. He really needed that! Brody was in a few trick plays and even played running back which he was waiting to do since the season started. He plugged through for some yards but also really enjoys rushing the passer! (kind of ironic, since I am always the one rushing him) It was a very rough start to the game...we were down by two very quickly scored touchdowns. They played hard and fought tough and in the end came out victorious! Am I an awful mother for not remembering the numbers? Connor is asleep so I can't ask him and he would know. But we won and are now 2-2!





Bryan was also lucky enough to get 4 tickets to a Ducks home game for that same evening so it was a football day for the Doeren family! He heard the traffic going down could be crazy so we left very early with plenty of time. It was a beautiful day for a football game and with free tickets to our favorite Oregon team, we are all pretty blissed! It was funny that the game started out just like ours...down quite a bit very early...but the Ducks made a strong comeback! It was really a great game and was quite the experience. College football fans make up for a very interesting bunch and I think I will leave it at that for now....









So with all that winning...I am sure you are on pins and needles wondering what the loss could possibly be???


I won't keep you waiting any longer.....


Brody lost his first and second tooth! The first one came out at halftime during his game and the second one came out on Sunday. It is so weird when he has his big "firsts" because they seem to represent my "lasts" since he is our last child. However, it was a very exciting time for him and I won't dwell on that.


I do have to note though and am pretty sure that it will be documented here that I am the world's WORST tooth fairy! I even put the money on the coffee table sure that I would see it when I went to bed, but I didn't.


So, this was our conversation the next morning....


Brody: "Mommy, do you know what is so weird? I put my tooth under my pillow and it is still there."

Me: "Really, that is really strange, what do YOU think happened?"

Brody: "Maybe I didn't put it under my pillow early enough?"

Me: "I don't think so (can't be his fault that his mom is a loser), maybe she is just running late today." Let's have some breakfast!


While breakfast is heating up....I sneak away and well you know! After breakfast I try again...
Me: "Brody, why don't you go check under that pillow again?"

Brody: Big....no HUGE...smile and all is right with the world again.




So, you do win some and loose some and sometimes you just get lucky! Thank you God for understanding kids who can bounce back when I fall short.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the football day. I remember thinking it was so funny when I had a friend from Oregon in high school and she told me about the "Ducks" being their team mascot where she was from. I love knowing someone there now.

I think that darn tooth fairy has a reputation all over the place for being forgetful!