Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bunny Business

I just realized I am behind in my update on our ER Bunny!

After much thought, consideration and a quick look at the checkbook, we decided to go against doctor's orders for the last few steps of the broken leg process.


We opted out of an x-ray and another sedation to be sure the leg was healed before permanently removing the splint. The bunny got to a point where he was really DONE with the bandage and we were almost having to re wrap every day, so we trusted what seemed to be his "animal instincts" and finished removing it for him one day. With a few snap of the scissors he was free and oh so relieved!

It was wonderful to see his personality come back so quickly and he was one happy bunny again!



He was back standing on his hind legs again which was so fun to see!
So far, our experiment has brought me to the following conclusions:


1) Bunnies are more high maintenance than I anticipated.
2) It is my nature to make things more high maintenance than they probably should be.
3) Brody is not quite capable of cleaning the cage by himself.
4) Brody is not capable of meeting the standards I have for the cage cleaning process, I'm not sure anyone is.
5) Although Brody loves the bunny very much, he still has to be constantly reminded to take care of it, no surprise there.
6) Even though he has to be reminded, he has yet to complain once or try to get out of taking care of little Dusty which makes me very happy.
7) Rabbits are messy little creatures, but worth it.
8) They really will use a litter box which is surprisingly cool.
9) For some reason God built them with really strong muscles and a very delicate frame, not a good match in my opinion...but hey....He knows all things, certainly not me.
10) They really do like carrots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, what's up with strong muscles and delicate frame? We can ask someday.
I'm glad he's all healed, and I loved hearing what you've learned.