Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Smarty Pants

Since I keep this blog to share fun stories with others and to keep a record of memories I don't want to forget, I just have to post this one!

This was a recent conversation between Brody and myself....

Brody had just done something amazing, honestly I don't remember the what because he constantly amazes me! As I was working on meeting my words of affirmation love language quota for the day, I started the conversation like this.

Me: "Brody....you are SO smart! God gave you a great mind"!

Brody: "Yah, I know."

Me: "Come here a minute...(seeing a teaching moment opportunity and now cuddling on my lap). I know how smart you are and I think that is great, but do you know what is even MORE important to me? Who you are is much more important than what you know. I care more about the person you are in your heart, the way you treat others and the choices you make to honor God and do "the right thing".

Silent Pause...

Brody: "Mom"

Me: "Yes honey?" (in the most motherly voice you can imagine)

Brody: "Don't you think you have to BE pretty smart to know all
that and make the right choices?"

I just love that kid!

Here is one of his recent memory accomplishments...ALL the books of the bible listed in order! He really is SO smart though, don't you think?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is a smarty pants!
And I'm so glad he introduces your dog along with the New Testament books!