Monday, February 9, 2009

Nothing Like the Real Thing

If you read my post from Superbowl Sunday, you would know that real hamburgers were served in this house for a special meal. What you might not know, that this is the first time in YEARS that real hamburger meat has been purchased. We switched everything to ground turkey cutting back on fat and cholesterol in just about everything. I have to say that overall I am much happier with the taste of ground turkey in almost everything I make...tacos, spaghetti, meatloaf, chili..you name it and I've been fine. However tonight I made Beef Stroganoff with some of that hamburger meat that I cooked and froze up for something special and let me tell you, it was umm..umm...good! (Now it could have something to do with the fruit fast that I was on today, but not entirely:) That is one thing I have realized that should accept no substitution!


Also, tonight I went to meeting for homeschool moms and when I got home and went in to kiss the boys who were already sound asleep, I walked in to this most beautiful kodak moment..I wish my camera took better night pictures!






If you know me, you know that I have a 5 year old that is on his 3rd year of "sheep obsession." He just loves them and it all started with the sheep you see here...affectionately known as "the original sheep" or Sheepie! As I looked around his bed at the remaining flock with a few monkeys thrown in, I realize again that there is nothing like the real thing.
He loves and cares for all his sheep, and has named every one of them. Every morning a different one gets to come to breakfast and watch him eat, but if the house was on fire, he would grab Sheepie. He needs Sheepie when he gets hurt, and nothing else can comfort him when he is crying. He can't go to sleep without Sheepie and there is no real substitute. I hope and pray that he knows, that he too is a true original made perfect and special designed for a special purpose!

3 comments:

IE Mommy Blogger said...

That is so sweet. It's cute to know that he still loves his sheep. Aren't children amazing with their ability to love so openly and wholeheartedly!

Joanna Christiansen said...

I love that he loves those sheep so much! He is a very special kid!

Christy said...

hey, how was your meeting for the home school moms? Do you think it is a fit?