Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things I've done to save money recently

I was thinking back about the past couple of weeks and some of the ways I am working to save money. As a stay at home mom, I feel it is part of my job description and something that has to be done to make it on one income with 2 kids!


1) I colored my own hair


2) I ate leftovers even when I didn't feel like it


3) I bagged my own groceries


4) I shredded my own cheese


5) I waited at the vet an extra hour for the office call rate vs. the appointment rate ($10 cheaper)


6) I bought things in bulk and spent the extra time to divide it all up


7) I bought used curriculum on the internet


8) I sold used curriculum on the internet


9) I skipped eating out even when I really wanted to drive through to make it easy and yummy!


10) I got gas at Shell because I am working to earn a rebate that hopefully will pay off if they ever follow through (long story)


11) I am preparing to do our own taxes this year


12) I skipped buying the refill cartridges and went back to the real things because I realized it wasn't cheaper the way I went through them


13) I went to the library instead of the bookstore


14) I turned down the heat


15) For free entertainment I sent Bryan and the boys to The Home Depot kids workshop this morning. They do a really good job, the boys love it and it doesn't cost a thing! Plus they are so proud of their projects and love the time with daddy! If you have young kids you should really check it out!

I'm so proud of my husband, for remembering the picture for me!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Cute picture!

Does bagging your own groceries really save money?

littlecbsmom said...

When you shop at the cheap store that makes you do that, it sure does!

I don't think they have that in California:)