Sunday, February 8, 2009

Remember the Reward

Two more churchs down...

A couple of questions...a couple of themes.

I am noticing that over and over again I have written down..."Remember the Reward". As you move through these letters in Revelation to these 7 churchs, one way to process a lot of it is to keep the end in mind and to remember the reward of heaven. We are told to perserve through trials, not be swayed by tempations that aren't good for us, to hold fast to the truth, and remain loyal even when it might not be popular.

I have been thinking a lot about a question asked that I am ready to answer. What have you been procrastinating for God?

At first I thought nothing honestly then about 7 hours later..it hit me. I struggle with obedience if it causes me any form of discomfort. I realize this is really big when it comes to food. I have struggles with fasting. I truly feel God calling me to this, but realize I have a hard time telling myself no and am absolutely embarrased at the things I will come up to justify myself not going without or feeling the slightest hunger pain. Bryan, my friend Beth's husband has a good point..."to fast without praying is just starving yourself." Right now that is what I do on days I try, but I know God is using it to grow me and get my attention.

I have been contemplating participating in lent this year and this has been made so clear to me as I try hard to come with something that I won't miss to much if I pick a food. Pretty sad huh? Today, I am grateful for God's mercy and patience with me.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You'll get there. God's not done with any of us. I have a long way to go too!