Friday, April 24, 2009

2 of 3

So, onto our second big event of the past week.

On April 21st, Bryan celebrated 14 years clean and sober. That was the day he decided to join a program and work through the steps he needed to take to get his life back on track. It was a huge deal and I have heard stories of his past that don't even sound like him of the person he was before that day 14 years ago. He worked hard to overcome the hold his addiction had on him and in the process found God and himself. I met him when he was just 2 years sober so I only know the "new" Bryan, but I know a big part of who he is today comes from his past and I am grateful for that. I am grateful he falls into the small 3% of people who "make it". I am grateful for the hard lessons he learned along the way, and grateful to God for showing him a way out.

We went to dinner at the Original Roadhouse Grill and I got him a Marionberry pie to enjoy for dessert! Every year we go to dinner and acknowledge such a huge accomplishment!

We are both aware that our whole lives as we know it depend on him continuing to make it year after year just one day at a time.

See you next year, April 21st!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, I just got all caught up on your blog. It has been way too long since I've read! I love all your pictures. Your new one of you and the boys is very nice. You were funny with your comment about your white shirt under the pink one not being your skin color but close to it.

Congratulations to Bryan --14 years!!

What a beautiful water fall you went to with Lara. I'm glad it was such a good visit.

I also love your picture of Brody in mid air jumping for excitment about his new lamb Lemon.

It is amazing to me how well behaved your boys are. To sit for so long in those Easter (good Friday) services. They are such wondeful boys. Such a wonderful mom they have too!

Thanks for posting so much, I love to read your blog.

Unknown said...

That is so great, Suzie. I'm so glad you posted this anniversary. Helps me not take for granted what a big deal recovery is. And I praise God with you! One day at a time... amen!

Kindra said...

That is SO AWESOME!! What a blessing huh? Glad God has blessed Bryan and your family.

Joanna Christiansen said...

Amazing things can be done through God. I am so happy to hear of your husband's achievement!

My mom brought me back some marionberry jam the last time she went on vacation in your neck of the woods and it was wonderful! I bet the pie was yummy!

Christy said...

Yay Brian. We are so proud of you.