Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Finally 5 1/2!

Last year I started a new "tradition" with my boys. They are at an age where being 1/2 way to your next birthday is a pretty cool thing and I wanted to celebrate that. So, we started having very small half birthday celebrations! Actually, I just bake a cake and they get to pick what they want for dinner, but sometimes it is just the little things! I love finding ways to make them feel special and I know Brody did on Saturday, his official 5 1/2 birthday!







He is growing up so fast and the time is just flying by. As I write this I just want to be grateful for every day I get to spend with him. Brody has so many awesome qualities and God made him so special. He loves to make people laugh and is so silly! He is smart, loyal and very nurturing. It is such a privilege to be his mom.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Happy 5 1/2 big boy. The girls LOVE their 5 1/2 mark as well. :)

Kindra said...

SUCH a cute idea..kids love saying they are blank and a half...mind if I steal it? :)

Beth said...

That would be at least 12 cakes a year in our house if I kept up with that. No wonder I can't do it. That is a fun idea though. Brody looks so cute, he is such a silly and loyal boy. I like how you decorated the cake. Was that his idea? Do you light candles too? What was his dinner choice?

Unknown said...

So sweet! Fun occasion and cute guy you've got there.