Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Connor's First "Pop" Quiz

Today I introduced Connor to a school term that most of us have heard before....the good ole "pop quiz"! I don't know why, but I was curious what he has been retaining from our map studies through our Sonlight Core that I love so much. When we study anything, we mark it on the map. I log our geography goals for the week and we look at our wall map as they come up, then at the end of the week, we work together to write those on our markable map. It is so fun! Today, I wiped it clean and gave him a pen and gave him the instruction to fill in whatever he can without any time to study the map first or know it was coming! He was pretty impressed with himself, as was I. I have to admit that together this year, we have learned more geography than I knew before we started! I might even see how Brody does!


Oh yah, and SO cute today on a dictation assignment Connor wrote this sentence...

He lives in an iglue.

Isn't that just precious? He is a really great speller especially for his age, so I don't see this to often, but I thought this one was fantastic! Of course, if you look real close at the map you will also see "Eurpope"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonder what an iglue has in common with an igloo? I bet it'd still be white!

Reading about your adventures makes the prospect of homeschooling that much more exciting.

What a fun map!

Christy said...

That is cute! At park day yesterday Ryanne walked up to the mom who was listening to memory verses and she recited her first memory verse to someone other than myself. She was so proud of herself and just lit up. It reminded me how blessed I am to teach her next year. :)