Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm Recharged!

Ok, last week I found myself in a total funk. The days seemed to fly by with nothing really ever accomplished. I had no initiative to do the things I wanted to do. Looking back, I think I was feeling the need for some sunshine! I have handled the weather change here pretty good, I think. Experiencing pleasant summer temperatures was different, fall was amazing, and I even enjoyed the "hibernation" of winter. But then, came spring and when it officially hit, I think I was just ready for some sun and it just wasn't in the plan! But from Saturday through today, we have had amazing weather and I have come to determine that a part of me is solar powered so now I feel recharged. It is a good thing, because the reports say the rain is coming back for a few, but I feel more equipped to handle it!


Yesterday was the most beautiful of all and I originally thought of just taking the day of school, but it started out so cool, and I started to worry about getting done with the move coming up and all that will be going on with that. Plus, Aunt Lara is visiting next week and we want to be off when she is here. So, we moved quickly through school and I packed a surprise picnic to take to the park before piano lessons! We had a great time and enjoyed a nice few hours relaxing, playing, and talking. I tried to catch some new pictures of the boys.









Connor and Brody wanted to practice their picture taking skills too, so they got some with mommy...I need to get a tripod! Oh yah, for my California friends, that is a white t-shirt...I have lost my California color, but I'm not that bad yet! :)




Then we decided to start a new tradition and celebrate the first day of the year that hits 70 degrees with ice cream at Dairy Queen!! YUM!

We had a great time and I am so grateful for the lift it gave us all. It is reminder that good things will come, just sometimes we have to wait.

4 comments:

Christy said...

we are enjoying nice weather as well before the storm so the girls played on their skooters and I layed a blaket on the grass and soaked up the sun. I felt so much better too! :)

Unknown said...

The D.Q. tradition sounds good. Glad you're recharged!

That's a great photo of the boys in black and white. So handsome!

Kindra said...

GREAT pics. You look great and the b&w of the boys is amazing!!

Joanna Christiansen said...

So happy you got some sun and are feeling better. Looks like a lovely day! Your hair is getting so long! I love the B&W pic of the boys as well!