Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday






We had a terrific Easter Sunday, although the weather left a lot to be desired! We went to donuts before church which is big fun for the boys! There is a donut shop 1 block from church and we actually walk by it to get there so we thought it would be an adventure to finally walk in! At church, I volunteered in the 2 and 3 year old room. Wow, I forgot how little they can be and how darn cute they talk at that age! It was fun, but not on my radar again for anytime soon!

After church, we came home and I started an Easter brunch ham and we had our egg hunt. I gave the boys their baskets and they were a big hit! This picture of Brody is SO priceless! He is airborne, in case you can't tell from the picture! I really wasn't going to get him another sheep, trust me! I saw this one with the black face which he really likes and are harder to find and I just couldn't resist! Look at that reaction, need I say more! To cute! He named this one Lemon!?



Connor is so excited about having a real soccer ball and I am thrilled for it to replace what we were using when we play! Connor loves sports of any kind. He will watch play and learn about any of them! He is also very competitive!




I also had chocolate crosses, fun dips, jelly beans, and new water bottles in their baskets!


Then I went to get our new friend, Aldine, who was going to join us for our meal. We ate, played the Wii some and just enjoyed a great afternoon!






I enjoyed some chocolate, but was careful not to overload! It sure tasted good. I have to say my lesson in participating in lent was that I CAN actually show some self control and I must say it felt good to accomplish my goal. I also learned that for the right reason and motives, it is amazing what I can do even when I think I can't!

3 comments:

Christy said...

great action shot Oh my gosh! So funny. Glad you guys had a great Easter. :)

Kindra said...

So cute...love that pic! Glad you had a GREAT day!!

Unknown said...

I love the photo of them with their presents - the soccer ball and the sheep.